The best thing about creative people is that they have lots of great project ideas. But when our time and resources are limited, that also poses a challenge. In this podcast, Dobbers creator Darryl Jones solicits feedback from a mastermind of creator peers on which of several promising projects to launch next.
Highlights of this Session include:
- How the stakes are raised on the what to create question when you become a full-time creator.
- Balancing audience and market interest and expectations with your own creative desires.
- The importance of momentum in your creative business and how to harness it.
- Plus: Kickstarter’s Make100 is back in January… Are you on board?
This Session’s Sponsor:
The ComixLaunch MasterMind. If you would you like to meet once a month with a group of serious, like-minded creators to talk about your projects and creative business for mutual support and accountability in the new year, go to ComixLaunch.com/mastermind and get on the interest list.
New Groups will be forming in December and start meeting in January!
In the Mastermind Hot Seat:
Darryl Jones, is a lifelong artist and gamer with a degree in Sequential Art from the Savannah College of Art and Design. He’s created The Dobbers, which is both a graphic novel and popular board game successfull funded on Kickstarter. His work has been featured in other nerdy worlds such as, True Dungeon, Dwarven Forge, Nerd Fitness, Green Couch Games and Bellwether Games.
In the Mastermind Round Table:
- Sebastian Chow is the London-based writer and artist of the Kickstarter funded feline space race series, CATAPULTED.
- Shaun Manning is a writer and creator of historical graphic novels such as MacBeth: The Red King, and has written short comics for for Star Wars Adventures, Dark Horse Presents, the Thought Bubble anthology, and more.
- Ryan Summers is a Chicago-based director, designer, animator and educator… and soon to be podcaster.
- Carmelo Chimera is a lawyer and comic shop owner by day, and a comic book creator by later in the day.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
- Kickstarter’s Make100 –> https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/make-100-with-kickstarter-in-2019
More About Our Sponsor:
Tough question time…
Right now, how many people are there on this planet who:
Know exactly what it is you’re trying to create this week, this month, this year, in the next five years, and in your lifetime.
Genuinely want you to succeed and regularly think about what they can do to help you on your mission.
You trust can offer good, knowledgeable support & advice and will always tell it to you straight, even if it’s not what you want to hear, but what you NEED to hear.
You meet with on a regular, consistent basis to talk about these things because the relationship is a PRIORITY in your life.
How many people do you have in your world right now who fit that full description?
There was a small group of high performers and achievers, creators you respect the hell out of and admire…
…and they constantly had YOU on their minds.
Imagine you were meeting regularly with this group of high achieving creators who could support you, include you, connect you and create with you?
WOULD THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR CREATIVE BUSINESS AND YOUR LIFE?
If you think it might, I’d like to invite you to learn more about the ComixLaunch MasterMind groups starting up in 2019.
Go to ComixLaunch.com/mastermind to get on the interest list and to sign up for one of two live info sessions taking place in December.
On a sheet of paper, draw a set of dominoes lined up in a row. Now, label each domino with projects you’d like to complete in the next year, in an order where completing one “domino” makes the next one easier.
How to Find Out More About Today’s Hot Seat Creator:
Follow Darryl Jones @splatteredink on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to keep up with all of his upcoming projects!
“We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” – Bill Gates