Tyler welcomes BOOM! Studios President and CEO Ross Richie to talk about the company’s rapid rise from humble beginnings to a top publisher in the comics industry.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- The key milestones in the BOOM! ascension to become one of the top publishers in comics.
- The role licensing and relationships has played in BOOM! past, present and future success.
- Ross’ predictions for where the industry is heading and how BOOM! is making decisions based on the future trends.
- Plus: Abrian Curington is in the ComixLaunch Pro creator spotlight this month.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
Ross Richie is the Founder, Chief Executive Officer of BOOM! Studios, which was founded in the spare bedroom of his apartment in June of 2005 — and the company went on to win Wizard Magazine’s “Best New Publisher” four months later. Since then, BOOM! has won “Publisher of the Year (under 3%)” from Diamond Comics Distributors 9 times, Eisner, Harvey, and GLAAD Awards, and published 5 New York Times best-sellers. Ross has been profiled in the Wall Street Journal, The New York and Los Angeles Times and written guest columns for The Hollywood Reporter. He produced the movie 2 Guns starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg and is currently a producer with a first look deal with 20th Century Fox. BOOM! series such as Lumberjanes, Mouse Guard, and Adventure Time have sold millions of copies worldwide and the first issue of BOOM!’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers outsold every series Marvel Comics shipped in March of 2016.
Ross has published legendary authors such as R.L. Stine, James Wan, John Carpenter, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, Brian Azzarello, and George Perez, and published global brands such as Joss Whedon’s Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, and Firefly, Charles Schulz’ Peanuts, Jim Davis’ Garfield, Fraggle Rock, Planet of the Apes… and many many more.
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Read a few articles or guest posts on your favorite comic book website and then send an email introducing yourself to someone who you’d like to know better, using that article as your entry point.
How to Find Out More About Our Featured Guest:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS