Australian comic creator and publisher Shaun Keenan discusses lessons learned from his most successful launch which happened to roll during the Covid-Crisis, and how his plans are changing to adjust for the new reality on the ground for comic creators worldwide.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- The changes Shaun made on his recent (and most successful) Kickstarter launch due to the Covid-Crisis.
- The one thing Shaun STOPPED doing to promote his Kickstarters
- Strategies for replacing lost Convention income.
- Plus: Have you joined us in ComixLaunchers just yet! If not, here’s what you’re missing!
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
Shaun Keenan is devoted to inspiring minds through moral and historic stories, by using the visual medium of graphic novels. He is the founder of the Australian publishing company COMICS2MOVIES and the creator the successful Xtreme Champion Tournament and Terralympus graphic novel series. Shaun has done over 100 comic conventions in four different countries running and speaking on panels form everything about creating comics, crowdfunding comics and diversity in comics to world building in comics.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Comic Creators: How will you redirect some of the time & energy that you would have otherwise put into comic cons this year?
How to Find Out More About Our Featured Guest:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Comics2movies/
Twitter – @comics_2_movies
Instagram – @comics2movies
Terralympus Kickstarter link – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1917428739/terralympus-volume-1-and-2-space-sci-fic-graphic-novel?ref=2yju89
XCT: Fractured Worlds Kickstarter Preview Link – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2067957354/xct-fractured-worlds