The O.Z., a high-concept re-imagining of the fantasy classic, has been a smash success for first-time Kickstarter creator David Pepose. Tyler chats with David about the secrets to the success of this exciting new book.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- David’s advice for finding artist partners for long-lasting, successful collaborations.
- The long creative gestation of The O.Z. that preceded “overnight” Kickstarter success.
- Advice for writers to get some momentum going for their projects.
- Plus: Tips for getting media coverage for your Kickstarter launch.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
David Pepose is the Ringo Award-nominated writer of SPENCER & LOCKE & GOING TO THE CHAPEL. His 12+ year career in the comics industry began with an editorial internship at DC Comics and serving as a long time Reviews Editor at comic news powerhouse Newsarama. He’s worked for CBS, Netflix & Universal Studios. His latest series THE O.Z., a fantasy re-imagining of the L. Frank Baum classic is crushed it on Kickstarter with over 1250 backers!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
THE O.Z. #1 Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/theozcomic/the-oz-1
Renderwave’s Colorpedia – ComixLaunch.com/color
Shopify – ComixLaunch.com/shopify
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Make a list of at least 5 human beings who your next launch will help OTHER than yourself.