Years in the making, Bloom Pretty, a new fantasy comic from an all-female creative team, has had a breakout debut on Kickstarter this month. In this interview, Tyler James chats with writer/ creator Lisa Fowler about what went into bringing this new series to life. They’ll also be joined by her partner Brant Fowler, publisher of Last Ember Press about sowing the seeds for a level-up launch!
Highlights of This Session Include:
- The importance of breaking large fantasy stories into smaller, digestible chunks.
- How Lisa assembled an all-star, all-female dream team of creators to help bring her vision to life!
- The power of a longer pre-launch to propel a tremendous day one.
- Plus: An update to how long it may take for you to get your funds from Kickstarter after a successful launch.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guests:
Lisa Fowler fantasy writer and creator. Working in comics as a colorist since 2007 boom, Dynamite and more. Also runs a cool clip art business.
Brant Fowler who is publisher of Last Ember Press, writer of The Last Ember. Brants been an active Creator in the world of the indie comics for decades, lettering, podcasting, blogging and more.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Check out Bloom Pretty on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastemberpress/bloompretty
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
If you had to assemble an all-star dream creative team for your next project, who would be on your team? For bonus points, who would be on your all-female dream team?
How to Find Out More About Our Featured Guests:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS