Writer and Editor James Powell (House of Fear) takes a minute away from his biggest House of Fear launch ever to join Tyler James for a discussion about imposter syndrome, playing the mental game of being a creator, and thriving on Kickstarter and beyond.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- Some of the most vexing mental challenges that arise after launching a Kickstarter project.
- Tips on how creators can better manage negative feelings associated with imposter syndrome.
- Approaches James is taking to get House of Fear in front of new audiences.
- Plus: Services James provides new and veteran authors looking for editorial help.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
James Powell is a full-time editor and writer. He is the creator of House of Fear, the series that introduces young readers to the thrills of scary comics. His stories have appeared in comics published by Dark Horse, Image Comics, Random House, and others.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
The Night Before Christmas: A C is for Cthulhu Holiday Tale Kickstarter – xmas.cisforcthulhu.com
House of Fear Vol. 1 & 2 – https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jpowell/house-of-fear-volume-2
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Go download a free copy of James’ free ebook on imposter syndrome! https://jameswpowell.com/ebook-imposter-syndrome/