Over the past several years writer Caleb Palmquist has been on a mission to discover through trial and error what works for him when it comes to crowdfunding his creative projects. In the process, he’s had to let go of some things that simply weren’t working and learn what does work on Kickstarter from some of the top creators on the platform. As a result, he’s in the midst of his best launch yet for Unicorn: Vampire Hunter #1-5!
Highlights of This Session Include:
- How it wasn’t until a big failure on Kickstarter that Caleb’s comic career really took off and the crucial lessons he learned from that experience.
- The power of having your comic’s pitch being right in the title.
- Some of the top Kickstarter strategies Caleb has “stolen” from other great comic writers having big success on Kickstarter.
- Plus: Caleb’s tips for connecting with other comic creator crowdfunders and why that is so important for growth.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
Caleb Palmquist is a Spokane, Washington based comic book writer who has been telling stories for as long as he can remember. He’s the creator of Vampire Detective in Space, Modern Mythology, and the Unicorn: Vampire Hunter series which have all been successfully funded on Kickstarter.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Check out Caleb Pamquist’s Unicorn: Vampire Hunter #1-5 on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/giraffe-design/unicorn-vampire-hunter-1-5
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Go connect with a creator on Kickstarter who you see is doing great things. Don’t ask for anything and go into it with zero expectations of a response. Just reach out!