Lynne Somerman is a financial coach who helps creative entrepreneurs and small business owners feel less stupid about money. In this special session of The ComixLaunch Podcast, Lynne shares practical advice for creators who want to control the financial resources they have, rather than letting their money control them.
Highlights of this Session Include:
- Strategies to make better decisions about how to use your money in your creative business.
- Why “profit” is not a dirty word and how to ensure there’s more of it in your creative business?
- How to behave like a real business, even when we’re making the transition from a hobbiest and especially when we’re not yet profitable.
- Plus: Tools for getting a better handle on how we manage our finances in our creative business.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s session is brought to you by CrowdOx, software that helps you take control of your crowdfunding campaign, save time and raise more funding. ComixLaunch listeners get 10% off per backer pricing at Crowdox.com
Today’s Featured Guest:
Lynne Somerman is a finacial coach who helps creative entrepreneurs “feel less sad and stupid about money.” She focuses on practical skill building, habit change, and mindset work to help creators get a handle on what they’re doing with the money in their business.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- ComixLaunch.com/ship – 30 Day Trial of Shipstation
- Special Offer –> Get 50% Off any of Lynne’s live online classes teaching budgeting for small business. See all of Lynne’s Classes here –> lynnesomerman.com/ynab-workshops Use discount code “COMIXLAUNCH” for 50% off any class.
- Profit First by Mike Michalowicz [Book] https://www.amazon.com/Profit-First-Transform-Cash-Eating-Money-Making/dp/073521414X/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=profit+first&qid=1556817153&s=gateway&sr=8-2
- You Need a Budget YNAB [Budgeting Software] https://www.youneedabudget.com
- Quickbooks [Accounting Software] https://quickbooks.intuit.com/
- Veryfi [Receipt capturing Software] https://www.veryfi.com/
- Shoeboxed [Receipt capturing Software] https://www.shoeboxed.com
More About Our Sponsor:
On this podcast back in 2017, I told you all I was shooting for a six-figure launch for the Sweet Dreams Cthulhu Kickstarter campaign.
Well, we came up a little short on Kickstarter…
But thanks to CrowdOx, we were able to shoot way past the six figure mark…
And it was the easiest funding to raise in the entire campaign.
See, CrowdOx helps crowdfunding project creators increase funding, manage their campaigns, and save time.
How does it work?
Well, CrowdOx helps creators take a successful campaign and keep the funds coming in by:
Selling Upgrades, Add-ons & Extras during the survey process with just a couple clicks.
Accepting pre-orders on a beautiful CrowdOx store to keep the funding coming in.
Collecting funding that Kickstarter couldn’t from backers unable to fix their CC in time.
Accepting Paypal! (HUGE!)
CrowdOx Customers are raising on average an extra 12% of funding after their original campaign is over…
My first CrowdOx turbocharged launch, we raised an extra 18% and enabled us to hit that six figure goal.
CrowdOx is an alternative to BackerKit, and while I’ve used and recommended both companies, I prefer CrowdOx because it offers:
A per BACKER pricing model vs. a per Funds Raised, which usually works out better for creators.
An easier interface for creators and survey/checkout experience for backers.
Faster funding… Backers are charged immediately for their pledges, so there’s no risk that credit cards won’t clear when its time to fulfill.
And now, as a ComixLaunch sponsor, CrowdOx is offering creators an additional 10% off their per backer pricing at Crowdox.com.
So check them out and raise more funding after your next successful launch with CrowdOx at Crowdox.com.
Try out one new tool or strategy shared in this podcast in the next 30 days to see if it helps you gain more control and confidence over the money in your business.