Over the past few years, creator Joel Rodriguez has grown his Metal Ninja Studios from a one-man operation to a full-service comic production and design studio. In this conversation with Tyler James, you’ll learn about growing a support team, the changing landscape of indie comics and the benefits of letting go of a “do-it-all-yourself” mentality.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- What got Joel started on his comic creating journey and how deciding to learn to letter changed his life.
- How Joel learned to grow a team and run a studio.
- Kickstarter page design tips.
- Plus: How creators can work with the Metal Ninja Studios team to help bring their projects to life.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
Joel Rodriguez is a professional comic book letterer and graphic designer. letterer for Merc Magazine and has worked on multiple titles for Scout Comics, Black Caravan, Scoot!, Antarctic Press, Caliber Comics, Wannabe Press, and several Kickstarted titles, including his own series The Dusk County Chronicles. He is the Co-Founder of Metal Ninja Studios a one-stop shopfor comic book lettering, graphic design, and writing. Partner with an experienced team of letterers, designers, writers, and editors to help comic creators achieve their vision.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
Check out Metal Ninja Studios to see if there is anything they offer that you could use help with?