Writer Benjamin Hunting joins Tyler for a discussion about the differences between launching comics for the crowdfunding / Kickstarter market and publishing in the direct market.
Highlights of This Session Include:
- The benefits of focusing on launching new series on Kickstarter first, as Benjamin is doing with his new book Dead Air #1.
- Lessons learned from successfully launching Code 45 on Kickstarter and in the direct market through Scout Comics.
- Different models for serializing comics on Kickstarter.
- Plus: The Benefits of being a part of a comics collective.
This Session is Sponsored by:
Today’s Featured Guest:
Benjamin Hunting is a full-time freelance writer, who has been published in numerous magazines and online publications. A member of the comic collective Studio Alpaca, he’s self-published a novel and the comic book series Code 45, which was crowdfunded on Kickstarter and published in the direct market by Scout Comics. He’s back on Kickstarter this month with DEAD AIR #1, a 90’s sci-fi series that includes a Soundtrack!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Dead Air #1 Kickstarter
More About Our Sponsor:
Are you thinking about starting or upgrading your online shop so you can sell more of your art?
Are you tired wasting time and energy hacking together cheap, limited solutions that aren’t serving you or your potential customers very well?
Instead of spinning your wheels only looking at free or dirt-cheap store options, why not grab an affordable full-service online sales platform optimized for sales like Shopify?
- You don’t need Design skills. Shopify has dozens of beautiful, fully-customizable, mobile-friendly templates to get a perfectly branded look and an online stop you’ll be proud of.
- You don’t Coding skills. With Shopify, setting up your store is simple, and you’ll be selling in no time at all, even if technology hates you.
- And you don’t even need a Credit Card to get started. With this ComixLaunch offer, you can try Shopify free for 14 days. No risk, and no credit card required.
What you get with Shopify is a…
- Fully customizable website, online store, and blog… your store can be your website!
- Unlimited products!
- Smooth integration to sell on channels like Facebook, Amazon and Pinterest.
- 24-7 Customer support!
More than 500,000 creative businesses are powered by Shopify, including the CisforCthulhu.com store which I manage… and couldn’t be happier with it.
Stop messing around with subpar online shop solutions and try Shopify.
To start your 14-day free trial of Shopify, go to ComixLaunch.com/shopify
If you had to put together a playlist / mixtape for your next project launch, what songs would be on it?